Our Story Of Black Mold Exposure
Simon & Isabella in 2009, just prior to when we were exposed to toxic black mold
9 years ago, I was doing my best to blend into the couch while playing hide-and-seek with my then 5 year old daughter, Isabella.
While she searched our San Francisco apartment in my usual hiding spots, I saw a strange shadow on the wall behind our couch. After the game ended, I moved the couch away from the wall to see what it was and was shocked to find a mass of black mold spanning the entire wall. The baseboards had started to corrode where the mold had been eating through the paint, and there was a greenish dust on the lower parts of the wall and carpet. I remember it had a very distinct smell—like must and old dirt. It was so surreal to see this post-apocalyptic scene lurking behind the couch in our clean and tidy apartment.
I took a photo and called my landlord, but after waiting for a few days, he was a no show. So, armed with a sponge and some household cleaner, I scrubbed the mold off the wall and vacuumed up the dust. With what I know about mold now, that probably wasn’t the smartest decision!
After cleaning the wall, the apartment became very mold-prone. I would find mold in different parts of the house, including the closets, base heaters, garbage cans, carpets, and around the window frames. This went on for almost a year before a dehumidifier running 24/7 was able to get the moisture back in check. I suspect there may have been some kind of flooding that happened before we moved in as I’d never experienced anything like this before.
To make matters worse, I worked from home at the time, seated just a few feet away from the couch. It didn’t take long to realize how the toxic mold had been affecting our health. I had no idea the root cause of our issues lay just behind the couch in what turned out to be a mold infested home.
It was bad for us both. My issues were mostly related to my skin and joints, nose and eyes, along with severe brain fog. But my daughter was hit the worst - both her body and mind. The increasing torment and frustration she had to endure on a daily basis was the worst of it all. I remember the helplessness I felt not knowing what was going on or how to help her. We went to various doctors and experts, and tried a bunch of things, but nothing helped, leaving us right back where we were.
It was a very dark time in our lives.
A Solution That Worked
Exhausted and out of options, I came across a highly skilled master herbalist, Cofe Fiakpui. Cofe’s knowledge base is rooted in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) healing practices developed thousands of years before conventional western medicine was born.
After sharing our story, it turned out Cofe had a tremendous wealth of experience with toxic mold. For the past 12 years, he had been testing and refining an herbal solution specifically for dealing with mold exposure, and as a result, helping hundreds of people who were exposed to mold, including his own family.*
He gave us some to try.
The first few days of taking it, I remember having a dull-ongoing headache and finding myself needing to take naps in the middle of the afternoons. This lasted a few days before it and my issues started to clear up. I didn’t notice too much with Isabella until after about the third day as her body began to calm down, her breathing normal again, and her daily struggles subside. There are no words for how good it felt to see her happy old self return again.*
To this day my daughter and I are in excellent health. She’s a straight-A student doing great both in and out of school. Her only struggle is questionable fashion choices but I’m not convinced it's mold-related. My only residual symptom is that I’m a pretty good mold detector—whenever mold is nearby, I get a familiar tingling/electrical sensation in my skin and joints. Comes in handy sometimes so it’s certainly not a bad thing.*
After seeing how well it worked for us, I knew I had to make Cofe’s formula available to other people struggling with mold exposure. So with Cofe’s blessing, I turned his solution into an easy-to-use supplement, MoldDtx™.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
"I Highly Recommend This Product To Anyone Dealing With Mold"J. Hernandez